Walking in the shoes of a widow/widower for just one day might change what
you say about them forever.
What NOT to Say to Someone Else About a
- They used to be so organized.
- Their kids were better behaved when their husband/wife was alive.
- She/he always looks so sad now; you'd think they'd be recovering faster than they are.
- I don't know what to say to them so I don't say anything at all.
- I'm so busy with my own life; I just don't have time to help him/her out.
- I'm just too tender hearted to spend time with a widow/widower.
- We used to have fun together as couples, now it's awkward with him/her alone, so we just don't call any more.
- Why can't she/he just move on with their life.